Saturday, March 14, 2020

Finally... A Studio Sale! Thank You and Be Safe

"July" (pastel, 16x22) studio sale

Change can be scary ... but

It's been a strange world lately. News about the new coronavirus has come to a head, and concerns about it's spread has led to the canceling of events and temporary closing of businesses. Even as we can understand how necessary these measures are for slowing the spread of the disease, it's still difficult and a bit scary to live through these rapidly changing times. We have all been affected in some way; schools going remote, sporting events canceled, people working from home.

Art connects people.

Artists and independent craftspeople are being hit hard. Perhaps one of the worst effects of the virus is how it's forcing people to disconnect. Artists make our living by connecting people with art, yet all of the art festivals and events on my calendar for the next several weeks have been canceled or postponed.







"Straight Up" (pastel, 5x7)
Finding blessings...

When I got the email about the Winter Park Art Festival being canceled, my first thought was to bemoan the missed opportunity to connect with all those Floridian collectors for the first time (not to mention the lost potential income!) But my second thought was that my kids are being granted an extended spring break and now I get to be home with them!
😀

I'm also blessed to have friends and clients like you, who have always been so supportive and appreciative of my art, and some of you have followed my career from it's beginning. To all of you who have connected with my art, I thank you!


"BonBon" (pastel, 12" circle)

Studio Sale.. Finally!

I also realized that now is a very good time to post the Studio Sale that I've had in mind for a while but hadn't had the time to organize. I've had quite a few favorite pieces in past years that by quirks of fate have just not yet found their forever home, and I have gathered them all into a new online page of my site. You can view the Studio Sale Here. These pieces are a select and eclectic group of paintings and drawings that I've always liked. You can consider this as your very own Virtual Art Festival Sale, with no traveling required! They are all priced to sell (and hopefully to buy groceries for two hungry adult children) at prices 40-70% below retail. The listed prices are unframed, but for most I have framing available at a lower-than-retail cost, just ask.

Another perk... Free shipping!

Additionally, as a convenience for y'all in this time of travel restrictions, I've decided to offer free shipping in the U.S. for the next 30 days. Yes, this includes even framed paintings, as well as any painting not included in the Studio Sale and not currently at a gallery or show, in case you see something else that really connects with you among my recent work.




"Red Rock" (pastel, 8x10)

Again, thank you.

We will weather this strange storm that has us all holed in our homes, and sooner or later things will be back to normal. But for now, if you can afford to, please consider purchasing a painting. Treat yourself or a friend to something lovely. Art enriches life. Thank you, and stay safe and healthy.

~Rita

.

No comments:

Post a Comment