Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Intent - New Award!

"Intent" (pastel, 6x6 inches) sold

I'm very happy to say that my little portrait of Mewler won Second In Show at the Austin Pastel Society 2020 Annual Juried Member Exhibition 'Celebrating Pastels!'

This was one of my little daily paintings from my 31-in-31 challenge in January. I usually put out some better work after having painted for several days. I just have to remember that right now when I have several days ahead of me and somehow I'm STILL allowing myself to get distracted by other things...

..But I'm preparing! Stay tuned for new art!

Meanwhile, although we had made the decision to cancel the APS Celebrating Pastels! reception, the show is still hanging at the Austin Art and Frame Gallery on Bee Caves Rd in Austin, and also Online HERE! 

You can vote online (or in person at the gallery) for your favorite for the Janis Langley People's Choice Award. Take the link and browse the artwork. Click on your favorite for a voting link!


(PS: See some process pics of Intent on the original blog post here.)

.

No comments:

Post a Comment