Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Josie

"Josie"  (pastel, 7x5 inches)  click here to bid

I wanted to continue the cheese names for a bit, but as this one developed, I saw just tons of colors in his coat. (Have you ever really looked at tan, brown or beige, and tried to paint it without using any tan, brown, or beige? ...Fun! ...And colorful!) So I was calling him Joseph (of the many-colored coat) before he was even finished. But when he was done, he didn't look much like a Joseph to me, more like a Josie, maybe... and now I can't get it out of my head "...Josie's on a vacation far away!..." (do those lyrics date me?)

Another bit of trivia about Josie: he (or she?) is the same calf from one of my very first mini cow portraits that started the series -- "Brown Calf", later renamed "Brynn" (Yes, when I started I actually thought I could title these cows what they were. Ha! That didn't last long.)
"Brown Calf" aka "Brynn" (pastel, 6x4 inches) from 2009
Here are some progress shots of "Josie"...










Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

1 comment:

  1. Love the purple shadows. Always enjoy seeing your work in process.

    ReplyDelete