Friday, September 13, 2013

Peek-a-Burro

"Peek-a-Burro"  (pastel, 12x9 inches) $350 unframed for a limited time.

I primed this painting a couple weeks ago and got most of the pastel on it last weekend in Midland, TX at the Septemberfest Art Fair. Finally finished it in the studio! I've done this fellow before, in "Head Rest" (image flipped) and this is definitely one of those shots that I wish I had several versions of. Anyway it deserved to be painted again, so I did a flip and a change of crop.

This one will be $450 when framed and is slated for the Bayou City Art Fest in Houston next month (Oct 12-13, 2013.) But for a limited time I'll offer it unframed to anyone who's desperate for it!

I also took progress shots. (Lots!)



















 (Excuse the color change here - these steps I did in the studio...)



Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Rita and what a comforting and joyful pose. What an expression of wonder and curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Rita. Thanks for posting your painting in stages. It's always so amazing to see how artists progress through their pieces.

    ReplyDelete