Sunday, February 2, 2014

Cupcake (My Second Round Painting)

"Cupcake"  (pastel, 10" circle)   sold

Something about this little calf made me decide she needed a whimsical name. She reminded me of chocolate cake and ice cream.

(Well, ok, maybe I don't need anything to help me think of chocolate cake and ice cream. But now you're looking at her and thinking of chocolate cake and ice ream. Right?)

I also decided to put this one on auction and see how she goes, unframed. I have many more circles planned and definitely want several to be framed in time for the Bayou City Art Fest in Houston again this spring, but I haven't completely decided on my frames yet. I plan to order some from InlineOvals.com. (They also have an online retailer at victorianframecompany.com.)

I also remembered to take a few progress shots...




Thanks for watching! Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment