Monday, January 12, 2015

Aurora

"Aurora"  (pastel, 7x5 inches)  click here to bid

Finally, I've begun to shake off my Holiday lethargy and have started to get back to 'work'! I've prepped a few underpaintings today for my upcoming workshop this weekend for the Willacy County Art League in Raymondville, TX. I'm looking forward to the full 2-day workshop!

Aurora was my demo from my Jan 3rd afternoon workshop in Houston, for the Pastel Society of the Southwest. What fun that was! My morning demo at their meeting overflowed the room! Below are some progress shots of Aurora:
 First I layered up the primers. This is Quiacridone Nickel Azo Gold fluid acrylic color mixed into Golden (brand) Fine Pumice Gel. The gel is clear, so the color mixture is semi-transparent, and gets darker on each application.


 Then (below) I add Art Spectrum (brand) Pastel Primer in the terra cotta color. I lay it into the darkest areas, then scrub and dry-brush it into the medium values of the gold to continue the value scale and add more depth to the monochromatic underpainting.

 Then on to the pastel..






Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment