Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Sugar and Jasmine - a Serendipitous Commission

"Sugar and Jasmine" (pastel, 10x10 inches) sold

I've been wanting to post this one for a while. It was a serendipitous commission from Christmastime. Jasmine's parents had come to my craft show location wanting a portrait of her pooch, and we looked over several photos...
And then they asked me about drawing them both together and showed me this photo on their phone:
I was, of course, immediately taken by the light! (Not the light rays though... what a nightmare that would be!) And I told them they should really consider pastel! I guess I was convincing because after we discussed the price tag they told me they'd think about it (I thought, oh well, lost that one...) but then came back within the hour and placed the order!

They even ordered a pencil one of Sugar by herself, in black & white:
"Sugar" (conte and pastel pencil, 10x8)

Here are some shots of my progress with Sugar and Jasmine's portrait. I used the same warm underpainting that I enjoy doing for most of my pastel work:








Thanks for watching! Please share!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment