Sunday, October 21, 2018

Astro on the Road - a unique commission

"Astro on the Road" (pastel, 27x27 inches) sold

October has been largely a commission month, among other things. I'm still getting a few done. This one was one of my favorites, and since it was NOT a Christmas gift, I'm able to post it already! :)

The clients had a favorite photo of their dog, Astro, who they say is "getting up in years." This is how they will best remember Astro; faithfully leading the way on all their walks! I thought it was a wonderfully refreshing change from the usual pet portrait. Astro's parents already owned a couple of my small landscapes, so they were inspired to come to me with this road and Astro.

 Here's the original client photo, and my quick thumbnail sketch of how I pictured it in the requested square format.










Thanks for watching! Please share!

.






No comments:

Post a Comment