Thursday, October 25, 2018

Golden - Earning Her Keep!

"Golden" (pastel, 12x9 inches) $1350

I've been in the habit of using my extensive collection of images from Renaissance festivals to create new works in my Renaissance Portrait series and send them off to shows to try to win stuff. I've learned it's a lot more economical to compete with a small gem of a portrait than a larger figurative work. Saves a lot on shipping, for one thing!

My most recent Renaissance portrait, Golden, has been working hard this year and has come up "golden"! She has most recently won the HK Holbein Inc. Award from the Connecticut Pastel Society Renaissance in Pastel 25th Annual National Juried Exhibition. (Which, by the way, is my third award as a member of the CPS, and earns for me the right to apply for Signature Status! Whoo yay!)

At the same time, I received notification that she has been selected as one of the Fav15% in the September 2018 BoldBrush Painting competition hosted by FASO.

Her earlier awards have been First in Show at the Austin Pastel Society's 2018 Annual Juried Members Exhibition and the Terry Ludwig Pastel Award at the Pastel Painters Society of Cape Cod annual exhibition For Pastels Only on Cape Cod 2017.

To start off her exhibition career, her first exhibit was with The Cultural Association “PASIT Pastellisti Italiani” First International Exhibition of Pastel Painting in Tivoli, Italy (Province of Rome) in 2017.

What a great run! She's nearing the end of her show life, as most exhibitions want work that has been created in the last two years. No worries though, as I'll be enjoying this weekend with my daughter at the same Texas Renaissance Festival where I've gotten most of my reference pics -- and the weather is cooperating! Cool air and sunshine! Yay!

See Golden's original post HERE, with progress shots!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment