Saturday, October 27, 2018

Leo - a pastel portrait commission

"Leo" (pastel, 28x22 inches) sold

This was one of my most time-consuming commissions from October. But what a sweet face! Leo was a joy to paint. The client had this photo. She knew just what she wanted; Leo centered, 24x30 and not larger than life. We decided on 22x28 to keep Leo from getting too large. Towards the end she gave me a second photo that showed Leo's features more accurately. (The original photo must have used a zoom lens, because the features seemed smaller and flatter.)

She and Leo's mom were thrilled! I introduced her to my local framer and I'm looking forward to seeing how he looks all framed up and on their wall!
Photo (cropped) with permission of Katie B. Photography, Beverly Hills, CA

client photo

Some shots of my painting process:










Thanks for watching! Please share!

.


No comments:

Post a Comment