Wednesday, December 2, 2020

"Purrball" (Warm Fuzzy #51)

 

Warm Fuzzy #51 - "Purrball" (pastel, 5x4 inches) $250 framed Buy here

This was my final demo of the MidAmerica Pastel Society workshop last month. He was one of 4 underpaintings I demoed that Saturday morning, but did not have time to pastel Saturday afternoon, so I finished him off Sunday afternoon instead. I think I was well warmed up by then, because I like how fresh he turned out! I'm especially happy with the lost edges - something I still struggle with most times.

The cat is a sweetie I met in Michigan who lived with the hosts I stayed with for the Ann Arbor Street Art Fair a few years ago. They cautioned me "He bites!" That was true, but he was also a lovey purr ball! I think he just couldn't understand why I wouldn't bite him back... it was all playtime to him!

Here he is on the bathroom sink, my reference photo for the painting:

...and "Purrball" framed:




No comments:

Post a Comment