Thursday, October 8, 2020

Tulip Garden - won some pastels!

 

"Tulip Garden" (pastel, 12x12 inches)

The Pastel Society of Southeast Texas has been having a themed painting challenge each month, and last month the subject was Flowers/Gardens. I'm thrilled to say that this won an Honorable Mention in the challenge (and $50 to Dakota Pastels! Whoo hoo!!)

You can see a slide show of the PSST monthly contest show on their home page here. (The September show will be featured until the October show is judged.)

Landscape is not my main thing, and frequently when I do one I'm either taking another artist's workshop or trying to channel another artist's style. For this one, I was inspired by the landscapes of Gustav Kimpt and a cloudy-day photo I took at the Dallas Arboretum which reminded me of Klimpt's landscapes. I painted this on MingART Premium sanded pastel paper, dark gray.

This was painted during one of my Virtual Open Studio days. You can watch a Speed Video demo of this painting here!

"Tulip Garden" will be part of my inventory for the Woodlands Waterway (Virtual) Arts Festival coming up Oct 16-18, 2020. 

$550 framed and free shipping in the US


 

No comments:

Post a Comment