Wednesday, June 30, 2021

30-in-30 Paintings in June ... Finished!

 

June 2021 Daily Paintings poster.

I can't believe I really did  it; 30 paintings in 30 days. My usual month in past years had been November because it's otherwise fairly slow. I really wasn't ready in June but I had missed November last year (I missed a lot of things last year, lol) and I was really eager to do a month of paintings. Now July is going to be full of everything I couldn't get done  in June... commissions, paperwork, groceries... but I've proven to  myself that it can be done even when I think I'm too busy. It's a great feeling of accomplishment to look back on the month and see all the paintings. And several of them have also sold, so there's that too!

It's HARD to be a true Daily Painter (completing and posting a new painting every day) so it's become more popular to do it one month at a time. It's a lot easier to accomplish 30 days in a row than 365+ days! I highly recommend a Daily Painting practice for anyone wanting to improve their painting skills and work habits. I also find that Daily Painting and Working Small are inevitably connected, so I want to share this blog post on Why to Paint Small. It might help inspire you to greater smaller daily paintings!

Now I'll have a full booth at the #rockportartfest hosted by @rockportartcenter this weekend, and hopefully a nice couple days to kick back and relax a bit.


This poster has not been ordered yet, but I'll take pre-orders to see how many I should get. It will be 16x20, $25 includes US shipping. Let me know if you'd like one!

2 comments: