Monday, June 7, 2021

Day 8 of 30 - Backyard Baby

Day 8 of 30 paintings in June - "Backyard Baby" (pastel, 7x5 inches) bid or buy here for a limited time

This sweet fox lives in our back yard. He usually only comes out at night, but I managed to get a few pics one evening when the sun was just setting. He was just a youngster then. My husband has seen him recently and says he's much bigger now. 

The photo I took was much cooler in tone, but the underpainting colors I use helped create a warmer look!

See the reference photo and a little speed video of this baby here!

2 comments:

  1. very nice drawing of the cute fox 😀 I know we have some around here, but I never see them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I was thrilled to see him in the early evening light!

      Delete