Tuesday, February 1, 2022

28-in-28 for February - Painting #2

 

Day 2 of 28: "Penny Pickle" (pastel, 10x8 inches) sold

This adorable pup portrait was started as a demo for the Wisconsin Pastel Society last month, and finished in my Virtual Open Studio Episode 88

I always love painting pet portraits, especially when they're this cute. The client said "It's not Penny Pickle without the tongue!" so I showed a bit more of that pink appendage that was visible in the reference pic. I enjoyed playing around with the background to suggest more of a flowery outdoor feeling, while keeping the color harmony of the reference.

Human error (mine) prevented me from getting any pics of the beginning of Penny Pickle's portrait, but here are a few progress pics of the second half here!

No comments:

Post a Comment