Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Hay! It's What's For Lunch.

 

"Hay! It's What's For Lunch." (pastel, 36x36 inches) $6200 

I'd been sold out of large paintings for more than a year. I'm so thankful my friend and Director of the ARTS for Rural Texas invited me to have a solo exhibition this spring. With only three months to prepare, it was the exact kick in the butt I needed after the sluggishness of 2020.

This long overdue new Longhorn painting was years in the making! Started as a partial underpainting demo at a Large Project Workshop in Kansas three summers ago, I was finally motivated to finish it.

Watch a quick little still progression video HERE!

This painting will be my centerpiece for my Solo Exhibition, Kindred Spirits, at the ARTS for Rural Texas in Fayetteville, March 27 - May 29, 2021. Opening Reception March 27, 5-7pm.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment